Avanti | Now Playing
Authenticity is King, with Don Osmond
Marketing professional, speaker, and writer Don Osmond focuses on authentic marketing to help businesses develop sound branding strategies. Widely regarded as a marketing and communications thought leader, he works with clients to develop the genuine narrative of their companies, which becomes the foundation for their branding and messaging. Son to international entertainment icon Donny Osmond, his approach to marketing incorporates lessons from the entertainment industry.
After years of education and experience, he knows firsthand that good marketing requires truth-telling and invitation, not spin. Don believes that authenticity is the only true value proposition that a company can offer, so he serves his clients by developing genuine story-based marketing and authentic marketing strategies.
Don lives in Austin, Texas with his wife Jessica and two tiny storytellers-in-training, Truman and Leo. He loves hiking, biking, and camping, all of which are easily accomplished in this city full of green spaces.
What you will learn about in this episode:
- What Don learned about business and life from his father, entertainment icon Donny Osmond
- How Don forged his own path and got out of his family’s shadow and got into marketing
- Why you must tell your why in the most authentic way possible
- How understanding why you do what you do and being able to explain it will win you business
- The risk and negative side effects of working yourself to death after starting a business
- Why Don moved to Austin and revived OzComm after a business venture didn’t work out — and why that failure ended up being a great thing
- How OzComm does marketing from a holistic viewpoint
- Don’s upcoming speech at SXSW