Avanti | Now Playing
Automation Leads to Entrepreneurship, with Michael Glauser
Mike Glauser has extensive experience as an entrepreneur, business consultant and university professor. He is the co-founder and chairman of My New Enterprise, an online training and development company for aspiring entrepreneurs. His is also the founder and former CEO of Golden Swirl Management Company and of Northern Lights. Both companies were sold to CoolBrands International. Mike has consulted with hundreds of startup companies and large corporations in the areas of business strategy, organizational effectiveness and leadership development. His clients have included Associated Food Stores, The Boeing Company, Department of Workforce Services and Esso of Inter-America.
Mike is currently the Executive Director of the Clark Center for Entrepreneurship in the Jon M. Huntsman School of Business at Utah State University. He has published numerous articles in magazines and three books on entrepreneurship: Glorious Accidents, The Business of Heart and Main Street Entrepreneur, which chronicles his 4,000 mile bicycle ride across America to interview 100 remarkable entrepreneurs who have successfully merged livelihood and lifestyle in places they want to live. Mike has appeared on Great Day America, First Business from Washington, Associated Press Radio, Voice of America, Good Morning Chicago, Kansas City Live, and many other radio and TV programs. He received a Ph.D. from Purdue University, and BS and MS degrees from the University of Utah.
- Michael’s background
- Michael’s book “Main Street Entrepreneur” where he conducted interviews while biking around the country
- Some of the best stories in the book
- The impact of jobs being automated
- Why there will be more entrepreneurs in the future than there are now
- Why you will be happier as an entrepreneur
- Giving employees paid time to volunteer
- Books that Michael recommends
- Why Michael would choose Abraham Lincoln to spend time with if he could spend time with anyone